Display Related Posts using Post Blocks widget
Now you can use the Post Blocks Adv widget to display the Related Posts section on Single Post Layouts.
It works by fetching posts from the same terms (like categories, tags) as of the current post. You will have full content were to match either categories, tags, or both. You can also choose custom taxonomies if you have any.
NOTE: This functionality will only work on Single Post layout.
Follow the steps below to show the Related Posts section on AE Template created for the Single Post/CPT Layout.
- Drag the "AE - Post Block Adv" widget at the desired location in your AE Template.
- Under the Layout, section selects the layout style to display the posts like Grid, Carousel, or Accordion. And then, select the block layout that you have created. Learn more about creating a block layout. Set other parameters for the layout style.
- Do the following configuration under the Query section.
- Source: Related Posts
- Related By: Select the taxonomies which you want to match to load related posts. Select "Categories" if you want to show posts with the same categories as current posts. You can also select multiple taxonomies.
- Match With: Set if the filter parameters should match with All the Term or Any One Term.
- Author: You can Include and Exclude posts created by Author name.
- You can also set the filters based on Date.